Angela and I take questions from callers and the live chat on Facebook and YouTube, and then we ask each other a few questions. There is an interesting discussion about the importance of self-care, and the need for AA to modernize.
- Bill from St. Louis asks about diet and exercise, dealing with stress, and talks about some of the differences between SMART Recovery and AA.
- Tracy asks what keeps us motivated to continue podcasting and live streaming.
- Jacquie asks about the best way to get involved in service.
- Karl asks when AA will modernize.
- Dennis asks about sponsorship and if the Steps are helpful or are there other things that have become more helpful.
- Tracy asks if meetings in the age of Zoom will spell the end of Areas and Districts.
- John asks Angela, what’s more important, the Steps or connection with other alcoholics.
- Angela asks John to list a couple of his favorite AA Beyond Belief episodes.
AA is our homegroup and we can make it whatever we want it to be. – John
COVID is going to have a lasting effect on how we make it to meetings, and when it’s all over, these secular online meetings will remain. – John
The connection with other alcoholics is probably more important than working the Steps because, without that connection, I couldn’t work them. – Angela
Staying Sober Without God, by Jeffrey Munn