John and Angela celebrate the fifth anniversary of AA Beyond Belief by taking a look back at when and how it all started.
Key points and topics discussed
- Meeting Roger C. at the We Agnostics and Freethinkers International AA Conference.
- Roger encouraging John to start AA Beyond Belief.
- John explains why he started the podcast.
- What about AA Beyond Belief materialized as first imagined and what didn’t.
- The people who work at AA Beyond Belief.
- The work behind publishing a story on the website.
- How the AA Beyond Belief Facebook group started and why.
- Weekly live streams on YouTube and Facebook.
I listened to Joe C.’s podcast and I really liked his work, and his podcast helped shape my views of how I view AA. He helped me find my place in AA as a secular person. – John S.
I didn’t want people to think about AA Beyond Belief as my website. I wanted it to belong to the community. I wanted to create something that would live on regardless of who was involved with it. – John S.
How You Can Support Our Site and Podcast
Consider Supporting AA Beyond Belief with a small monthly contribution. This helps pay for podcast transcripts, hosting fees, and other costs associated with creating content on the site and podcast. Even a dollar or two a month helps out a great deal. You may donate through the crowdfunding site Patreon or through PayPal.