Please consider submitting an article to AA Beyond Belief. We welcome articles between 500 – 2000 words in length. Below is a list of topic ideas. We also are interested in artwork, photography, poetry, illustrations, audio and video pieces — almost any medium you wish to use.
While we highly value open expression and honest opinions, we also strive to promote a fair and balanced tone regarding secular recovery both in and outside the fellowship of AA. We cannot guarantee that all submissions will be published, but we will review all submissions carefully and we will communicate with you about our selection process.
Articles to be published will be edited by our team at AA Beyond Belief. Every article is edited for clarity, flow, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. We also may suggest ways to expand and/or refine the article’s content and will work closely with the author on polishing the finished piece. We won’t publish the edited version without you first reviewing and approving the changes. Please use the form below to submit a piece; we ask that you carefully proof your submission for typos and grammar.
If you have an idea for an article but are having trouble getting started, or if you would like feedback on a rough draft, contact Galen T. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Galen enjoys working with individuals on their writing.
- Personal Stories—Experience, Strength, and Hope
- The 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
- Service Work
- A.A. History
- Your Experience Starting an agnostic/secular A.A. meeting
- Managing other problems (such as mental health issues) in recovery
- Book Reviews
News and Announcements
We like to publish news and announcements for our community.
- Announce a new group
- Announce a new meeting (online or face to face)
- Announce an anniversary for your group
- News of what’s happening in your District and Area
- A story you have had published in the AA Grapevine or elsewhere